WHY CHOOSE US ?
An excitement is growing that not everyone who has heard fully understands, but they want to be a part of. Organic everything is popping up everywhere you look from vegetables to lawn care to body care. Why is organic important when it seems technology seems to be doing ok by itself. After all, don’t the scientists know everything and they wouldn’t do anything to hurt me or my family, would they? Do all natural and organic products even work as well? What makes Unforgettable Oils different and special compared to the synthetically made products out there?
Let’s start at the beginning; It’s a very good place to start.
Our ingredients are clearly stated on all of our skin care products! For example, on our Moisturizing Face Cream you will see,
Apricot Oil, Grape Seed Oil, Rosa Damascena Hydrosol,
Distilled Water, Aloe Vera Gel, Coconut Oil, Cocoa Butter,
Beeswax, Essential Oils of Grapefruit-Pink, Ylang Ylang &
We print everything in plain English. Although Latin terms give you a more specific explanation of the ingredient listed we choose to keep it in simple terms for you. If at anytime you want to know the specific family/genus of a specific ingredient in our products please contact us.
Everything you see on our ingredient labels are organic or Wildcrafted, non GMO, ethically sourced, and whenever possible fair trade.
Let’s get down to the nitty gritty as to why we use these ingredients in Unforgettable Oils Moisturizing Face Cream.
In Ayurvedic health, apricot oil has established a prominent throne in the empire of skin care products. Regular use helps the clarity, elasticity, and suppleness of healthy skin.
- It contains copious amounts of vitamins A, E, and C which penetrate deep into the skin to repair damaged skin cells from within.
- Antioxidant and anti-aging properties fight against fine lines and wrinkles, are hydrating, and acne fighting
- Emollient properties- Moisturizes rough, dry, and scaly skin
- Antiseptic properties- Heals cuts and wounds
- Antibacterial properties- Protect against infections
Grapeseed oil is a light and gentle oil that packs a punch!
- High in vitamins D, C, and E and rich in beta-carotene
- Contains high concentrations of essential fatty acids proven well in performing in anti-wrinkle trials of palmitic, stearin, and linoleic acid as well as proving effective at minimizing the prominence and size of scars.
- Polyphenols- Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant known to slow the aging process and prevent acne outbreaks.
- Wonderful for people with all skin types even those with sensitive skin, even those prone to allergic reactions.
Research also shows how the contenders of acronym OPC, a flavonoid that removes free radicals and promotes collagen at a cellular level making the skin look and feel firmer and minimizing the signs of damage.
Rose Hydrosol (Rose Water)-
Hydrosols are a bi-product of distilled essential oils. The finest of rose essential oils and hydrosols come from the Bulgarian rose Damascena. Roses are calming and relaxing to the mind and therapeutic to the skin, body, and soul.
- Hydrating, tightening, increases circulation, and reduces redness
- Controls skin’s natural oil production
- PH balancing and naturally Moisturizing
- Improves the metabolism and maintains the elasticity of the skin
- Antibacterial properties helps fight acne and skin conditions
- Natural anti-aging and cell rejuvenating agent
- Smooths wrinkles and prevents new ones
- Diminishes redness caused by enlarged capillaries
- Divine scent that soothes and calms the atmosphere
- Powerful rejuvenating, refreshing, healing, and uplifting natural cure
- Sets makeup
- Protects from UV rays
In Ayurvedic medicine aloe is used effectively to heal chronic skin problems such as psoriasis, acne, and eczema. Ancient Egyptians called it the “Plant of Immortality”. Aloe Vera contains two hormones: Auxin and Gibberellins. These two hormones provide wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties in skin. Gibberellin acts as a growth hormone stimulating the growth of new cells allowing the skin to heal quickly with minimal scarring.
- Anti-aging – contains antioxidants including beta-carotene, Vit C and E that help improve natural firmness
- Hydrates and moisturizes without feeling greasy
- Heals wounds even those from stretch marks
- Benefits internally too. Helpful in oral and digestive health
Coconut oil almost has too many uses and benefits to mention here. If you spend almost any time at all in or around the “natural” crowds I’m sure you’ve heard the hundreds of ideas of things coconut oil is good for from whitening your teeth to conditioning your hair and more.
- Moisturizes your skin- even oily skin can benefit because with regular use it helps to regulate and normalize your sebum production.
- Deep cleans
- Acts as an antibacterial shield- Laurie Acid is an antibacterial agent which helps reduce the risk of bacterial infections that worsens acne. Coconut oil contains 85% Laurie Acid, second only to breast milk as a natural substance.
- Kills fungal infections like yeast and ringworm
- Removes makeup- even waterproof makeup
- SPF protection- naturally provides between a 4 and 10 SPF barrier
- Antioxidants- Reduces oxidative stress from pollution, UV rays, injuries, and harsh chemicals, and redness, inflammation and pain if burned
- Wrinkle Reducer- Keeps skin elastic and smooth by attracting protein molecules with the triglycerides also in coconut oil that penetrates deeply into the skin and replaces the collagen which is the structural protein in the inner layers of the skin.
Cocoa Butter- (Theobroma Oil)
Cocoa butter comes from the same cocoa bean used to make chocolate. Open a bag and you will be tempted to take a bite. It has the same antioxidants as dark chocolate with significant amounts of polyphenol and flavonoids that lower inflammation and improve immunity. Containing between 57% and 64% total fat it is a healthy fat along with stearic Acid, palmitic acid, myristic acid, arachidic acid, and lauric acid making it a moisturizer that does more than just hydrate your skin, it actually heals it from the inside out.
- Easily absorbed and lasts for hours
- Much less irritating, even for those with sensitive skin (Dr. Axe recommends doing a patch test if you have super sensitive skin)
- Recommended for those with eczema or psoriasis for its moisturizing abilities
- Heals chapped lips due to cold, heat, and sun damage
- Fights signs of aging
- Soothes sensitive skin from dermatitis or rashes with cocoa mass polyphenols known to fight various chronic diseases, degeneration of the skin, sensitivities and even cell mutations.
Beeswax seems like such a simple and somewhat strange ingredient to have in skin care products, but it’s so much more!
- Bacteria fighting- skin protectant against environmental contamination
- Prevents fungal growth
- Promotes hydration- actually attracts water molecules
- Benefits those with rosacea or eczema
- Won’t clog pores (none of our ingredients do)
- Anti-inflammatory- Effectively heals and reduces the pain of wounds because of the high content of Vitamin-A which regenerates skin cells. “More Nature” even says customers have told them of the benefits they have seen in it healing skin after having skin cancer.
Grapefruit Essential Oil-
Grapefruit essential oil has been called “The Queen of All Essential Oils” in some parts of Asia.
- Antioxidant- Bring out your youthfulness by fading dark spots, and reducing fine lines and wrinkles
- Antiseptic-Blemishes be gone- can get rid of excess oils, dryness, and acne
- Antidepressant- Bright pleasing fragrance
- Disinfectant- Kills bacteria
- Digestive Aid
- High in Vit. C
- Increases hair growth
- Decreases your risk of skin cancer-
According to a number of studies Grapefruit essential oil, which is derived from the skins of the fruit, massaged into the skin or consumed can decrease your risk of skin cancer. Always consult a trained essential oil practitioner for the proper use of all oils. Grapefruit and some other oils are phototoxic, meaning they increase your risk of sunburn and must be properly diluted. We have taken the guess work out of this for you.
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil-
Derived from the flowers of the Ylang Ylang tree, or Cananga Odorata, in the rain forests of the islands in around Asia and the South Pacific.
Elizabeth Jones of Elizabeth Van Buren Essential Oils describes it’s fragrance as Euphoric and Uplifting. It inspires acceptance, happiness, joy, love, and peace.
- Antidepressant- Relaxing, aids acute depression, anxiety, stress, and sadness
- Antiseptic – Speeds healing of wounds and infections to avoid sepsis and tetanus
- Hypotensive- Promotes healthy blood pressure.
- Nervine-Soothes tension and brings a sense of calm.
- Sedative- Calming and helps with insomnia and fatigue
- Aids fragility- Aids in female infertility, and impotence
- Regulates sebum production
- Maintains skin moisture
- Acne clearing and healing,
- Promotes hair growth, acts as a natural hair conditioner
- Antimicrobial- Reduces skin irritation and redness
Patchouli Essential Oil-
Derived from the evergreen perennial of the Labiatae family closely related to mint, lavender, and sage. Extracted from the leaves and flowers of the plant its thick, light yellow to brown liquid has a musky, sweet aroma. Some call it the “Hippi” oil and may bring you back to the 60’s and 70’s. To others it’s an acquired scent, one I’ve grown to love. This oil only gets better with age. It only becomes smoother and richer.
Early European traders used to trade patchouli pound for pound for gold where Romans used it as an appetite stimulant and Egyptian King Tut arranged to have 10 gallons of the oil buried with him in his tumb.
- Anti-inflammatory -In traditional Asian medicine: Soothes skin irritations as in dermatitis, eczema, acne, dry chapped skin, dandruff, oily scalp, wound healing and scar reducing.
- Calms gout and arthritis conditions
- Fungal infections- Athlete’s foot
- Builds immunity- Helps avoid colds, flu, and tonsillitis
- Aphrodisiac effects- Stimulates estrogen and testosterone and helps boost sex drive. Useful for impotence, loss of libido, erectile dysfunction, and sexual anxiety.
- Tonifying- Promotes overall well being by toning the stomach, liver, and intestines for optimal metabolic function. Helps to regulate endocrine secretions of hormones, enzymes, and boosts your nervous and immune system health.
- So much more- Antidepressant, antiseptic, astringent, diuretic, cytophylactic, deodorant, insecticide, and sedative.
Unforgettable Oils Moisturizing Face Cream
- Apricot oil- On the empire throne of skincare products. Keeps your skin strong, supple and clear.
- Rose Hydrosol- Relaxing fragrance, Tightening, toning, moisturizing, and balancing.
- Aloe Vera- The “Plant of Immortality”. Cell rejuvenating and healing.
- Coconut Oil- Deep cleansing moisturizer. Anti-aging, anti-bacterial…
- Cocoa Butter- Skin softening chocolate for your body without the calories. (Unless you eat it :-))
- Beeswax- Bacterial and fungal fighting, environmental protectant skin cell regenerator.
- Grapefruit Essential Oil- “Queen of essential oils” Age fighter
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil- Euphoric and Uplifting. Relaxing, Moisturizing, and healing.
- Patchouli Essential Oil- King Tut knew what he was doing. Soothes, relaxes, tonifies, and heals